martes, 26 de junio de 2007

Mother

By:Jessica Medrano

Ultima Especie, Israel Zepeda


Strong like rocks
That fall from the sky
Your noisy steps are here,
And when you pass, you can destroy
Even the steps that my great-grand parents left.

Our churches, our houses, our past,
Our yesterday’s dreams,
Our tomorrow’s dreams,
They are a nightmare today.
Because when you blow furiously, our histories,
Our lives collapse.

“Here was my house. Here was my life,”
Says an old woman who cried in front of nothing.
While your wet hugs were confused with her tears,
And with the emptiness.

You, Mother! You that lit up my life
You, Mother! You who gave me days and nights of love,
You, Mother! You who wrote with clouds the sky
You, Mother!
You now leave a sad trail on my road.

Then, silence.

The wind begins to whisper.
The sun begins to smile.
You write love again in the sky,
Because on the street,
The tomorrow started to whistle.

No hay comentarios: