viernes, 1 de junio de 2007

The World isn’t Flat

By: Jessica Medrano
I opened my eyes this morning and the earth was flat,
And since this flat world, a green ogre with bad breath smiled to me.
No, it is not the XV century,
Nobody believe in ogres, fairies or witches anymore,
Columbus died four hundreds years ago,
But, blessed modernity,
If you don’t watch the world the flattest as possible,
You are living in the wrong century.

I’m talking to you, TV,
Yes, you that are teaching to my children that guns are funny.
You, that sell me an out of tune “Reality,”
While, behind the transistors,
There are famines, over warming,
And wars.

Please, don’t let that MTV bring my children up
Because by the time that your children grow up
They will have been educated
With a not biodegradable garbage.

The world isn’t flat,
And it isn’t so green neither.
There is a world outside,
With many protuberances,
With borders,
With walls
Bigger than a screen, that shows us the “Real Life in Haiti.”
But, by the time that you realize it
That world will have disappeared.

Turn that reality show off,
And turn your mind on,
You’ll see more than that mutilated reality
That appears in your flat screen.

No hay comentarios: